From Frequent, Electric, and Fare-Free Transit
Benefits for HSR RIDERS
With bus fares rising and service lacking, there are plenty of reasons for Hamilton's transit riders to demand a reliable, affordable and clean HSR!
- HSR users will save money by not having to pay to ride the bus.
- Making the HSR more frequent will mean faster and more reliable service.
- HSR users will have easier access to parks and green spaces, healthcare, and employment.
- No fare collection means HSR drivers will spend less time at the curb and more time getting you where you need to be.
- More people will take public transit and leave their cars at home, meaning fewer emissions, reduced greenhouse gases and better air quality for all!
Benefits for DRIVERS
Whether you're usually cruising around town or commuting to work, reliable, affordable and clean public transit is for you!
- Making the HSR frequent, clean and fare free will encourage more people to take transit, meaning fewer cars on the road and less traffic congestion.
- With fewer cars on the road, drivers will reach their destinations more quickly and there would be an increase in available parking.
- Fewer cars on the road means the roads will not deteriorate as quickly. The number of potholes should be reduced.
- Drivers would also have the option of using the fare free HSR bus service to reach their destinations without having to use their vehicles.